Photo: David J Phillip
This episode is dedicated to all families, personal friends, and co-workers affected by the catastrophic hurricane we recently experienced here in Texas. For those who don’t know, Houston is my home city and I saw firsthand all the destruction caused by the hurricane flooding.
It was heart breaking to watch the news and hear all the stories of families being torn by the flooding. Neighborhoods submerged in water. Families losing their homes. Pets in severe danger. The elderly being rescued. People on top of their roofs. It felt like Armageddon was upon us and we were fighting for a sense of normalcy.
The hurricane is done, but the work to rebuild our cities has just begun. We can’t do this alone and need your help.
Here’s a list of great organizations that are accepting donations.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- Houston Food Bank
- South Texas Blood and Tissue Center
- Houston Humane Society (For animal suffering due to the hurricane)
- The Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Houston Diaper Center
- United Way Of Greater Houston
- JJ Watt is an amazing leader and has started relief fund. Check it out here.
Some Recommendations From Friends
- Cornerstone Church in Cleveland, Tx
- First Baptist Church First Baptist Church (10730 Wiggins St, Houston, TX 77029) In need of cleaning stuff such as Clorox, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes. hair brushes, detergents)
- Grace Woodlands
- Grand Mission Clubhouse: September 2 and 3rd 2017
Grand Mission Clubhouse
7302 Grand Mission Blvd.
Richmond, TX 77407 (In need cleaning supplies, hygiene, baby items)
- Supporting our friend Marian LaSalle. Click here
If you can contribute anything, that would be greatly appreciated.